Tantra came originally from India and Tibet and is a philosophy and science of life. It is one of the few philosophies that includes sacred sexuality.
Tantra is a Sanskrit word from Hindu which comes from the word Tan and translates as expanding and extending, spreading and weaving. This is why practicing Tantra can raise the level of consciousness and weaves together the mind, body and spirituality with sex.
Tantra recognizes that sex is sacred and in ancient Hindu mythology, Tantra was seen as the divine union and interplay of the feminine energy, Shakti and the masculine energy, Shiva.
Tantra has many levels and layers of depth that you can slowly build on. It’s a way to connect more deeply with yourself through a variety of breathing techniques and specific exercises to then coming together with your partner, if you are in a relationship to connect you together in a more intimate and deeper way. As you come together, there are more ways to breathe together to expand yourselves and connect in a deeper and more spiritual way.
It opens you to experience more sexually and brings you new ways of communicating together through conversations and touch. The practices are very simple, yet incredibly powerful and at the heart of Tantra, it’s brings about new ways of relating.
Sex is usually outcome driven, with Tantra it’s about the journey, slowing down and enjoying and savouring all the sensations, feelings and emotions that occur when having great sex. Tantra also teaches you to become present within yourself and with your partner as well as honouring and acknowledging each other.
Some Of The Top Reasons Why You Would Come For A Tantra Session:
- curious about what Tantra can offer
- problems in the relationship
- not enough sex in your relationship
- libido challenges
- education around sex and intimacy
- wanting to re-spark the relationship
- love each other but don’t seem to have sex or intimacy any more
- want to explore more with each other
- problems with orgasm
- sexual dysfunction and premature ejaculation
- want to learn ejaculation choice
- desire to become multi-orgasmic (for men & women)
- sexual trauma
- woundings from previous relationships